Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm sorry, is this news?

http://perezhilton.com/2009-08-14-finally-kate-gives-it-to-jon

This is NOT news. What is with the obsession with what reality television couple Jon and Kate Gosslin do with their lives? I get annoyed enough just seeing him on the cover of every grocery store magazine wearing Ed Hardy and Christian Audigier clothes. He looks like a tool to me, beyond that, I don't really care.

Before they started exploiting their brood of children on TLC, Kate was a chubby and pale, less-highlighted and normal. Now she's toned, tan, blonde as hell and money-hungry. I get it. They became psuedo celebrities. I don't give a flying rat's ass if she spanks her kids. If I had eight kids I'd probably lose my shit too if I had a lazy, unhelpful husband.

None of this is newsworthy! This is what happens when pop culture and reality stars have just a little too much hold on our attention. Read a frickin' book! Learn a new language! Paint! Create something! It's sad to think that so many people in this country are THAT intrigued by them that it actually is being talked about on CNN!

CNN, I loved you so. I would cruise back and forth between Fox News Facist Network and you. You seemed like the winner. Now, you both lose. I will no longer listen to or read anything else reported in a cable news network. NPR for me from now on.

If CNN wanted to do some entertainment news, they could have reviewed 'The Time Traveler's Wife' to break down how true the movie is to the book. At least that would have some intelligent undertones because it means someone actually read the book. I doubt that most people who see that movie have read the book though; that is the country I live in. People who would rather watch the movies than ever read a book.

That is why Jon and Kate Plus 8 is now a national headline. Stupidity.

No comments: