Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Spanking Kids

So I was watching my local news and saw that Massachusetts want to make spanking kids ILLEGAL. They want it to be illegal to spank your own child in your own home. Ridiculous.

The lawmakers apparently don't understand that there are already laws about child abuse. Child abuse is punching, burning, sexually assaulting, drowning or pulling children's hair to punish them, not spanking them on the butt. MAYBE if local governments took care of the children that were abused after the FIRST time, people wouldn't have children to abuse. Repeat offenders are being given custody of their children after beating them, that's a little more important than spanking isn't it? Maybe these people should be more concerned with keeping those children safe.

I got spanked with my mom and dad's hand and I also got spanked with a red patent leather belt, I never whined about child abuse. I was a bad little child sometimes and bad children need to be spanked. It's not like parents hit their kids that hard anyhow. These people are touchy-feely hippies. Some lady in the news report said, "I have never spanked my children and they turned out fine... I think that spanking leads to other crimes against children." She's an idiot. Her children are just going to grow up to be passive aggressive nutcases like her.

I don't condone hitting children, but a smack on the butt never killed or dramatically traumatized anyone. People have the right to discipline their children how they sit fit. Discipline, not abuse.

No comments: